Real Estate Acquisition Manager
FSLA Status: Exempt
American Telecommunications is a nationwide premier Master Agent for T-Mobile and Metro PCS, headquartered in New York. The spirit of Always Better carries the torch of our competitive nature to become number one, to strive to provide the finest in customer service, and settle for nothing but the very best from each and every team member. Integrity is earned, it instills confidence, it inspires commitment, it’s the foundation of Ameritel, and it’s why Ameritel has been and will strive to remain one of the finest companies in the telecommunication industry. Always Better! Learn more about Ameritel at www.atiglobal.com.
The Mission of the Real Estate Department is to accomplish the acquisition of locations for the development of financially successful new T-Mobile and MetroPCS retail locations throughout the US
The Real Estate Acquisition Manager will:
- Manage an established network of real estate brokers to execute market-specific penetration strategies and identify potential sites for new retail locations.
- Select sites with high sales volume potential in accordance with market penetration strategies and present these sites to senior management for approval.
- Work with broker network to prepare and present new site recommendation packages to the team management. The presentation shall include understanding of potential opportunity including population, income among other analytical factors. The goal of the presentation is to gain the Real Estate leadership approval of the site and its related investment.
- Standardize and continuously improve trade area and site selection criteria and continuously develop data resources for analyzing trade area sales generators.
- Maintain a system of property files for the purpose of administering all legal documents associated with the companys properties.
- Act as spokesperson for the Company in all communications with landlords and their representatives.
- Coordinate with the entire development teams due diligence efforts in determining site feasibility, acquisition of all required approvals with attorneys, and certain third party vendors.
- With legal representation, negotiate the lease or purchase contract for the acquisition of approved sites.
- Provide to the Finance and Accounting Departments all information regarding the financial obligations associated with acquisition contracts.
- Maintain a lease administration system to organize critical lease information such as landlord identity, landlord contact information, lease expiration dates and renewal option exercise dates. Advise senior management of pending expiration dates and renewal option exercise dates so that appropriate decisions may be made and executed in a timely fashion. Negotiate all lease renewals and lease restructuring.
- Participate in weekly project status meetings and provide up to date reports regarding acquisition of sites and associated critical dates.
- Minimum of 3 years commercial real estate site selection experience
- Must possess knowledge of site development real estate trends and practices
- Excellent negotiating skills
The intellectual and physical demands described below are representative of what must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Be professional in manner
- Display strong analytical skills and excellent communication skills
- Display excellent organizational & scheduling skills
- Be fair and objective in decision making
- Complete projects successfully and pay close attention to details
- Prioritize and complete duties and tasks with a sense of urgency
- Be deadline oriented and complete tasks or projects in a timely manner
- Be able to evaluate work completed to measure effectiveness
- Significant travel required
What We Offer
- Health Benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and supplemental life.
- Robust PTO program and paid holidays
- Opportunity for advancement
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regarding to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. All resumes are held in confidence. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Must be eligible to work in this country and pass a background investigation.
American Telecommunications Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer of veterans, the disabled and other protected classifications.